Counseling for admissions
You are requested to attend Online Counseling at any one of the following centres for admission into B.Tech. / B.Arch. / B.Pharm programs for the academic year 2019-20.
|1. Visakhapatnam||GITAM (Deemed to be University), Sivaji Auditorium, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam.|
|2. Hyderabad||GITAM (Deemed to be University), Rudrarm, Patancheru, Medak, Telangana.|
|3. Bengaluru Campus||GITAM (Deemed to be University), NH-207, Nagadenahalli, Doddaballapur, Bengaluru, Karnataka.|
|4. Bengaluru City*||Eduquity Career Technologies, 433, 1st C Main, 7th Block extn., Koramangala, Bengaluru.|
|5. Vijayawada*||PB Siddhartha College of Arts & Science, Moghalraja Puram, Vijayawada.|
|6. Tirupati*||Sri Venkateswara University, Old MBA College, Tirupati.|
(*Only for UG Counseling)
|1.||Counseling for GAT (UGTP) - 2019 Rank holders for Admission to B.Tech. / B.Arch. / B.Pharmacy programs.||09 - 11 May, 2019.|
|2.||Counseling for GAT (PGTA) & (PGP)- 2019 Rank holders for Admission to M.Tech / M.Arch.. / M.Pharmacy programs.||3rd week of June 2019. (Tentative)|
|GAT 2019 UG Programs Counseling schedule|
|Date||Reporting Time||GAT 2019 Ranks|
|09-May-2019||09.00 AM||All SC, ST & PH Candidates|
|02.00 PM||3001 - 6000|
|10-May-2019||09.00 AM||6001 - 9000|
|01.00 PM||9001 - 12000|
|11-May-2019||09.00 AM||12001 - 15000|
|01.00 PM||15001 - 18000|
Eligibility for Admission
Undergraduate Programmes (B.Tech. / B.Arch. / B.Pharmacy):
1. Rank obtained in GAT (UGTP) 2019.
2. Pass in Intermediate or 12th examination from a recognized Central / State Board or its equivalent either in 2019 or 2018 subject to the following criteria:
- B.Tech. Programs : A minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry and First Class or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- B.Tech. in Biotechnology: A minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics / Biology, Physics & Chemistry and First Class or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- B.Pharmacy: A minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination with Mathematics/ Biology, Physics & Chemistry subjects.
- B.Arch: A minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying Examination with Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry subjects and also shall qualify in NATA / JEE (Main).
Note: Students who passed Intermedaite or 10+2 examination in 2017 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear for GAT-2019.
Postgraduate Programmes (M.Tech.)
1. Rank obtained in GAT (PGTA) 2019.
2. First class or equivalent gradein the Qualifying Examination from recognized university with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks and score obtained in GAT (PGT) 2019 as specified below:
|M.Tech. program||Qualifying examination|
|Computer Science Engineering|
|Computer Science & Technology||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in any branch of Engineering or its equivalent|
|Cyber Forensics and Information Security||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in any branch of Engineering or its equivalent|
|Data Sciences||B.E. / B.Tech. / AMIE or equivalent in any branch of specialization|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|RF & Microwave Engineering||B.E./B/Tech./AMIE in ECE or its equivalent|
|VLSI Design||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in ECE / EEE / EIE / Instrumentation / CSE / IT or its equivalent|
|Electronics Design & Technology||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in ECE / EEE / EIE or its equivalent|
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering|
|Embedded Systems||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in ECE / EEE / EIE / Instrumentation / CSE / IT or its equivalent|
|Structural Engineering & Natural Disaster Management||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in Civil Engineering or its equivalent|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|Power Systems and Automation||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in EEE or its equivalent|
|Machine Design||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in Mechanical/Production /Automobile /Marine /Aerospace or its equivalent|
|CAD/CAM||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in Mechanical/Production /Automobile /Marine / Aerospace or its equivalent.|
|Computer aided Design, Manufacture & Engineering||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in Mechanical/Production /Automobile /Marine / Aerospace or its equivalent.|
|Industrial Engineering & Management||Any Engineering Degree or its equivalent|
|Biotechnology||B.Tech. in Biotechnology or B.Pharm or equivalent or B.Tech. Chemical Engineering or M.Sc.in Chemistry /Microbiology / Bioinformatics / Biotechnology) with proficiency in basic Biology with proficiency in basic Mathematics.|
|Food Processing Technology||B.Tech. Bio-Technology/Food Technology/Chemical Engineering/B.Pharmacy and M.Sc. in Chemistry / Food Science with Proficiency in Basic Biology and Biotechnology or MSC in any area of Biological Science with Proficiency in Basic Mathematics.|
GATE qualified candidates are exempted from appearing for GAT (PGT) - 2019, however they need to apply to GITAM University for admission before the last date and the candidate has to attend counselling as per the schedule.
Postgraduate Programmes (M.Arch.)
1. Rank obtained in GAT (PGTA) 2019.
2. Pass in B.Arch. from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade.
Postgraduate Programmes (M.Pharm.)
1. Rank obtained in GAT (PGP) 2019.
2. Pass in B.Pharm. from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade and score obtained in GAT (PGP) - 2019.
Processing Fee: Non refundable amount of Rs 2,000 /- (in cash) has to be paid by the candidate at the time of counseling.
University Fee has to be paid at the counseling centre on allotment of seat as per the following fee structure.
(Including Special Fee) Rs.
|Scholarship offered per year Rs.||Fees to be paid after deducting scholarship Rs.|
|B.Tech: CSE, Computer Science & Business Systems, ECE & IT||4 Years||2,72,200 /-||-||2,72,200 /-|
|B.Tech: Biotechnology, Civil, EEE & Mechanical||4 Years||2,72,200 /-||50,000 /-||2,22,200 /-|
|B.Tech Aerospace Engg.||4 Years||3,63,000 /-||90,800 /-||2,72,200 /-|
|B.Pharmacy||4 Years||2,00,000 /-||80,000 /-||1,20,000 /-|
|B.Arch.||5 Years||2,84,000 /-||--||2,84,000 /-|
|M.Tech||2 Years||2,10,000 /-||80,000 /-||1,30,000 /-|
|M.Arch.||2 Years||1,37,500 /-||60,000 /-||77,500 /-|
|M.Pharmacy||2 Years||4,40,000 /-||2,50,000 /-||1,90,000 /-|
Payment of fee
The candidate is required to pay the above said fee amount in two instalments
|Program||After seat allotment at counseling center||At the time of Induction / Class work commencement|
|B.Tech.: CSE, CSBS, ECE & IT||Rs.1,50,000 /-||Rs.1,22,200 /-|
|B.Tech.: Biotech., Civil, EEE & Mechanical||Rs.1,50,000 /-||Rs.72,200 /-|
|B.Arch.||Rs.1,50,000 /-||Rs.1,34,000 /-|
|B.Pharm.||Rs.70,000 /-||Rs.50,000 /-|
Mode of Payment:
First installment of fee can be paid by the candidate through any one of the following modes at counseling center:
i) Payment by Demand Draft: DD drawn in favor of "GITAM Institute of Technology", payable at Visakhapatnam.
ii) Payment by RTGS/NEFT:
|Bank Name & Branch||Union Bank of India, GITAM Campus Branch, Visakhapatnam||Account No||534302010030945|
|Account Name||GITAM Institute of Technology (Receipts)||IFS Code||UBIN0553433|
Certificates to be produced at the time of counseling
The candidate is required to submit one set of self attested photo copies of the following documents and two passport size photos during counseling for admission. Original certificates will be verified and returned to the candidate at the time of counseling.
|GAT 2019 Counseling Call Letter||10th class or Equivalent Pass Certificate|
|10+2/ Intermediate Marks Statement and Pass Certificate||Transfer, Conduct Certificates and Aadhar Card|
|Medical Certificate from Civil Surgeon (in case of PH)||Integrated Community Certificate (in case of SC/ST)|
- Candidates will be called in the order of their ranks and alloted seats available at that point of time.
- The rule of reservation for SC / ST / PH category will be maintained as per UGC guidelines / norms as applicable to the University.
- 25% of seats are reserved for meritorious students from Karnataka State for admission into programs offered at Bengaluru Campus.
- The physical presence of the candidate at the counseling is mandatory. If a candidate is unable to present due to unavoidable circumstances from being physically present for the counseling, the candidate may authorise his / her parent / guardian to represent at the counseling along with original certificates and prescribed fee.
- Only parent or Guardian is allowed along with candidate for the counseling.
- Mere attending the counseling does not confer right for admission as candidates called are more than the number of seats available.
GITAM offers merit scholarships to the deserving meritorious candidates for admission into B.Tech. programs in the form of Fee concessions as detailed below:
|GAT 2019 Ranks||Fee Concession|
|*The fee concession will be continued for the subsequent years, subject to scoring 8.5 & above CGPA every year.|
GITAM offers merit scholarships to directly admitted toppers of other common entrance tests for admission into B.Tech. programs in the form of Fee concessions as detailed below:
|JEE Main Ranks 2019||AP & TS EAMCET - 2019 Ranks||Fee Concession|
|*Fee concession will be continued for the subsequent years, subject to scoring 8.5 & above CGPA every year.|
Payment of Fees, after considering the above Fee concessions for admission into First year B.Tech. programs.